vacuum therapy – IVT
Better quality of life for patients!
The vacumed external vascular pump is based on medical and technical knowledge from manned space flight and was developed in collaboration with the German Space Agency's Institute for Space Medicine. vacumed is used, among other procedures, in the treatment of intermittent claudicatio, circulatory disorders, pain, restless legs, chronic wounds and in high-performance sport.
The innovative vacumed device consists of a cylindrical body (tube) for the optimal treatment of patients. The patient lies on their back with their legs and lower body, up to the ribs, enclosed in the tube.
A lens seals the air chamber at the height of the navel. For treatments, the Vacumed device produces negative pressure (a vacuum) at rhythmic intervals. The application of negative pressure occurs on an intermittent and alternating basis in comparison with normal atmospheric pressure. The interval times can be controlled. Through the widening of the finest veins during the negative pressure phases, more blood reaches the muscles and increased arterial circulation occurs in the muscles.
Fields of application
- Vascular surgery/wound care
- Sports medicine
- Occupational medicine
Distribution only in Germany and Switzerland
- High degree of patient safety
- Limited contraindications
- Simple use
- Acceleration of wound healing
- Facilitation of mobilisation
- Support for treatment of pain
- Reduction in manual lymphatic drainage
- Increased capillary action (in the training process or maintained during the injury phase)
- Compensation for qualified nursing staff
- Risk reduction during the post-operative phase
- Lucrative patient retention, with private medical patients and self-paying patients